Mirabilia
 

"Bluebell"

from "Pixie Couture Collection"

I stitched this for my friend Jessie.  It is stitched in cotton floss and an overdyed Waterlilies silk.  The wings and a lot of the details are in Kreinik Metallic threads and there are quite a few beads.  Always fun to stitch these fairies!  

 
I kept thinking about my friend Laura and how she would have loved this piece: purples, Mirabilia, fairy with no antennae.  So I'm happy that it is for another friend.  

 

 


 

"Poppy"

from "Pixie Couture Collection"

I stitched this design in just over a week in January 2009.  She is stitched on the recommended colors of DMC floss on 32 count Antique White Wichelt Linen.  The beads are Mill Hill and there are also a few Kreinik metallic threads in the piece. 

 



"Titania"
I stitched this design in 2008. I started it in January, and finished it in June with quite a few breaks. It's stitched in DMC floss with Mill Hill beads and crystal treasures, as well as Kreinik threads. I stitched it on Wichelt Permin Linen. This is a gift for my mother after I get it framed.



"Cinderella"
I stitched this design in 2004. I started it in January, and finished it in May. However, total stitching days were around 35. It's stitched in DMC floss with Mill Hill beads and crystal treasures, as Kreinik threads. I stitched it on Wichelt Permin Linen in the companion colors to Zweigart's Stoney Point, which is what the pattern asks for. I'm not sure what I'll do with this piece; she's going in the rubbermaid tub with all her friends for now. :)


"A Midsummer Night's Fairy"
I stitched this fairy for my brother, Danny, and his wife, Emily. It is stitched on the recommended 28-count Permin linen using DMC floss, and accented with Mill Hill seed beads. She didn't take too long to stitch; about three weeks? I stitched her in the fall of 2003.


"2000 JCS Ornament"
This design is from the 2000 issue of Just Cross-Stitch's Christmas Ornament Issue. Stitched on 32-count Tobacco Belfast linen over two threads using two strands of DMC floss. It took about a two weeks to stitch in 2003. I originally finished this in November 2004 following the hexagon shape of the design, but it was huge.  In December 2005 I refinished it into a circle ornament with a padded front and flat back, losing a little bit of the design all the way around the edges.  However, now it's a good ornament size (4" diameter) instead of huge! 


"Rose of Sharon"
This design is the first Mirabilia I stitched. This took me about 12 months to finish. Including the matting, it is 23" high and 18" across. I finished this in 1998. It is on DMC cotton floss on 18-count Dirty Aida.


"Rose Arbour"
This took me approximately 360 hours to complete, which, at that time, was the fastest I had ever completed a large project! (I was amazed.) I completed this piece in 2000. It is on DMC cotton floss on 18-count Dirty Aida. Both Rose Arbour and Rose of Sharon hang in the master bedroom.


"Fairy Moon"
This design is stitched with DMC cotton floss on the recommended Permin Linen. I stitched this in about two months. It now hangs in my mother's living room in Utah. The beading took two straight days of beading. You can see a detail shot of the moon below.

Return Home
Designers

Copyright 2000-2003 Summer Louise Truswell. All Rights Reserved.